FREE UK MAINLAND SHIPPING TERMS (UK Orders above £100 net value)
If you wish to take advantage of our FREE shipping offer the following terms and conditions apply:
- £100 qualifying total is NET of VAT, i.e. £100 plus VAT. Qualifying order total is £120 including VAT.
- FREE shipping only applies to UK mainland addresses. Additionally, we reserve the right to apply shipping costs to UK mainland orders where courier shipping is required due to package weight or volume, this normally only applies to remote areas of the Scottish Highlands if package weight is above 2Kg. Please contact us with your delivery address and order details if you require clarification.
- FREE shipping is available to Highlands and Islands, including Northern Island, Channel Islands, Isle Of Man etc, but only where the order weight is below 2Kg and dimensions are within Royal Mail limits. Contact us for alternative options.
- By default the FREE shipping method we use will be the LEAST cost method which offers adequate tracking and insurance. The service used will be Royal Mail Tracked 48 for order values up to £200 (net), above £200 (net) Special Delivery or FedEx will be used at our discretion.
- Shipping method upgrades are available at a subsidised cost, options will be shown in the shopping cart during checkout, providing you complete checkout via our website. Using Paypal Instant Checkout bypasses some of the useful information shown in our full checkout process.
- Non UK (EU, Europe and Rest of World) orders do not qualify for free shipping. Please contact us if you would like a custom shipping quote.
GENERAL UK SHIPPING INFORMATION
- To see your shipping service and cost options please add the parts you require to your shopping cart, choose your destination country and enter your postal code.
- Shipping costs are calculated automatically based on weight and added to the cart total during checkout. This doesn't apply for courier delivery which is charged at a 'flat rate'.
- We aim to send out all orders the same day if received before 16:00 Monday to Friday. Some less commonly requested parts may need to be back ordered - in this case despatch will usually be between one to three business days.
- Magnecor ignition lead sets are built to order on Wednesday of each week (orders need to be placed prior to 12 noon on Tuesday) and are normally ready for despatch on Thursday. 'In stock' Magnecor sets can usually be despatched the same day.
- Customers needing parts urgently should choose Special Delivery as their shipping method.
- Shipping to an address other than the invoice address (registered Paypal or card address), for example a business address, is at our discretion and we strongly advise choosing Royal Mail Tracked 24 or Tracked 48 if shipping to an alternative address.
NON UK VAT RULES
Please see our page about Zero rating VAT and exports if you are outside the EU or are a non UK business customer with a registered VAT number.
Customers with delivery address in the Channel Islands MUST choose the appropriate Channel Island as their destination country. The Channel Islands are not part of the UK for tax purposes and delivery country 'United Kingdom' MUST NOT be chosen as VAT will be added and incorrect shipping will be applied, your order will usually need to be cancelled and placed again correctly in this case.
- International shipping by Royal Mail airmail is currently available to European destinations at approximate cost price. Payment can only be made in UK £ (pounds sterling). Please ensure that you select the appropriate shipping zone in your shopping cart when placing an order.
- International orders will only be sent to the cardholder's billing address or validated Paypal address. Shipping to an alternative address is not permitted.
- International orders of a high value are always subject to approval and may require special shipping arrangements/terms. Payment by bank wire transfer in UK £ (GBP) may be required.
- Countries to which we do not ship include Asia, Africa, Russia, Romania, Malaysia, Indonesia, North America, Canada, South America.
- Please see our page about Zero rated VAT and exports if you are outside the UK.
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES
UK First Class/Royal Mail 24: 1-3 days (Mon-Sat). If you need your shipment to be delivered by a specific date we strongly recommend that you choose Special Delivery (see below). Royal Mail 24/First Class is not a time guaranteed delivery service. Royal Mail *aim* to deliver within 2 working days *after* the date of despatch. Due to current Royal Mail system delays we will not consider a first class/24 item as lost until at least 10 working days from despatch have passed.
UK Second Class/Royal Mail 48: 2-5 days (Mon-Sat). If you need your shipment to be delivered by a specific date we strongly recommend that you choose Special Delivery (see below). Royal Mail 48/Second Class class is not a time guaranteed delivery service. Royal Mail *aim* to deliver within 3 working days *after* the date of despatch. Due to current Royal Mail system delays we will not consider an item as lost until at least 15 working days from despatch have passed.
UK Special Delivery: Next working day (Mon-Fri) before 1PM. We do not offer the Royal Mail Saturday guaranteed delivery service, delivery should be attempted on a Saturday without paying the extra surcharge. Certain parts of Scotland are guaranteed before 5:30 next day and others are only guaranteed within two or three working days. Please email if you require more details. Although Royal Mail *guarantee* delivery before 1PM next working day, they will not offer a postage refund unless the goods are delivered more than 24hrs late (i.e. after 1PM the day after delivery is expected). If you need a critical delivery to be made please contact us for other options.
UK Domestic Courier (FedEx): FedEx is only offered as a cost effective 'flat rate' option for heavy orders which would otherwise be uneconomical to send by Royal Mail services (i.e. over 2Kg estimated). For the majority of the UK mainland delivery should be attempted the next working day, for orders received before 12:00, providing stock is readily available. Some remote areas such as the Scottish Highlands may take an extra day or two. Please contact us if you wish to use the FedEx option and it does not appear as a default option for your order and your delivery postal code. FedEx to Northern Ireland is charged at International rather than domestic rate, please contact us for a quote.
International Airmail (Europe): 3-7 working days following the day of posting. May take up to 10 days dependant on the destination.
FedEx International Economy Road (Mainland Europe): 2 - 10 working days dependant on the destination country, extreme West being the fastest, East and South East being the slowest.
ITEMS SUSPECTED AS LOST IN TRANSIT
We apply the following guidelines for items that have not been delivered in a timely manner:
- First class/24/recorded delivery items sent within the UK will not be considered as lost until a minimum of 10 working days after the day of despatch. e.g. a package sent on Monday 1st may be given consideration as lost or significantly delayed on Monday 14th. If you decide you cannot wait this long for your items to be delivered we suggest that you place another order, selecting a shipping method appropriate to your requirements, and return the duplicate order for refund when it arrives. We cannot refund postage costs in this instance and we strongly urge customers to choose a suitable shipping method from the outset. Alternatively, ensure you order in plenty of time for delivery to be safely made. Royal Mail will consider an item as lost 20 working days after the day of despatch, we will schedule a claim with Royal Mail after this time has elepsed, you are requested to cooperate with Royal Mail's investigation.
- Special Delivery items are not liable for Royal Mail postage refund unless delivery has not been attempted by 1PM on the day following the expected day of delivery. e.g. a package sent Monday 1st will not be considered as late and postage refunded unless delivery has not been attempted by 1PM on Wednesday the 3rd. Deliveries can be made at any time of day but we suggest contacting us for tracking updates if your delivery is late. We can usually track Special Delivery items reasonably well and will have an idea of when the delivery is likely to be made. Please contact us if your Special Delivery item is late.
- Airmail Standard/Signed/Tracked and Signed Europe. Standard items are not tracked and therefore we will not be able to update you on expected delivery. Signed for and Tracked and Signed for Items have limited tracking, accessible through the link on the despatch email you were sent at the time of despatch. Royal Mail will not consider an item as lost or compensate for loss until a period of 20 working days after despatch has elapsed. However, please contact us if you have still not received your item 12 working days after despatch, we will arrange a replacement and schedule a claim to be submitted to Royal Mail.
- Airmail Standard/Signed/Tracked and Signed Rest Of The World. Standard items are not tracked and therefore we will not be able to update you on expected delivery. Signed for and Tracked and Signed for Items have limited tracking, accessible through the link on the despatch email you were sent at the time of despatch. Royal Mail will not consider an item as lost or compensate for loss until a period of 25 working days after despatch has elapsed. However, please contact us if you have still not received your item 15 working days after despatch, we will arrange a replacement and schedule a claim to be submitted to Royal Mail.