- Shipping costs are calculated automatically based on weight and added to the cart total during checkout. This doesn't apply for courier delivery which is charged at a 'flat rate'.
- We aim to send out all orders the same day if received before 16:00 Monday to Friday. Some less commonly requested parts may need to be back ordered - in this case despatch will usually be within three business days.
- Magnecor ignition lead sets are built to order on Wednesday of each week (orders need to be placed prior to 12 noon on Tuesday) and are normally ready for despatch on Thursday, unless showing as 'In Stock' on our website.
- Customers needing parts urgently should choose Special Delivery as their shipping method.
- Shipping to an address other than the invoice address (registered Paypal or card address), for example a business address, is at our discretion and we strongly encourage choosing Royal Mail 1st class/24 signed for if shipping to an alternative address.
Non UK VAT rules
Please see our page about Zero rating VAT and exports if you are outside the EU or are a non UK business customer with a registered VAT number.
Special note regarding the Channel Islands: Orders to the Channel islands can only be sent by recorded or registered post, UK VAT regulations require that we have evidence of despatch to the Channel Islands. As such there may be an additional charge to cover the additional postage service costs. VAT will be manually refunded to Channel Islands customers.
- International shipping by Royal Mail airmail is currently available to European destinations at approximate cost price. Payment can only be made in UK £ (pounds sterling). Please ensure that you select the appropriate shipping zone in your shopping cart when placing an order.
- International orders will only be sent to the cardholder's billing address. Shipping to an address other than the card holder's registered address is not permitted.
- International orders of a high value are always subject to approval and may require special shipping arrangements/terms. Payment by bank wire transfer in UK £ (GBP) may be required.
- Countries to which we do not ship include Asia, Africa, Russia, Romania, Malaysia, Indonesia.
- Please see our page about Zero rated VAT and exports if you are outside the EU or are a non UK business customer with a registered VAT number.
Estimated Shipping Times
UK First Class/Royal Mail 24: 1-3 days (Mon-Sat). This also applies to First Class recorded delivery items. If you need your shipment to be delivered by a specific date we strongly recommend that you choose Special Delivery (see below). Royal Mail 24/First class is not a time guaranteed delivery service. Royal Mail *aim* to deliver within 2 working days *after* the date of despatch, we will not consider a first class/24 item as lost until at least 7 working days from despatch have passed.
UK Special Delivery: Next working day (Mon-Fri) before 1PM. Royal Mail do not guarantee special delivery on a Saturday although delivery should always be attempted. Certain parts of Scotland are guaranteed before 5:30 next day and others only guaranteed within two or three working days. Please email if you require more details. Although Royal Mail *guarantee* delivery before 1PM next working day, they will not offer a postage refund unless the goods are delivered more than 24hrs late (i.e. after 1PM the day after delivery is expected). If you need a critical delivery to be made please contact us for other options.
UK Domestic Courier (FedEx): FedEx is only offered as a cost effective 'flat rate' option for heavy orders which would otherwise be uneconomical to send by Royal Mail services (i.e. over 2Kg estimated). For the majority of the UK mainland delivery should be attempted the next working day, for orders received before 2PM, providing stock is readily available. Some remote areas such as the Scottish Highlands may take an extra day or two. Please contact us if you wish to use the FedEx option. FedEx to Northern Ireland is charged at International rather than domestic rate, please contact us for a quote.
International Airmail (Europe): 3-7 working days following the day of posting. May take up to 10 days dependant on the destination.
Items suspected as lost in transit
We apply the following guidelines for items that have not been delivered in a timely manner:
- First class/24/recorded delivery items sent within the UK will not be considered as lost until a minimum of 7 working days after the day of despatch. e.g. a package sent on Monday 1st may be given consideration as lost or significantly delayed on Wednesday 10th. If you decide you cannot wait this long for your items to be delivered we suggest that you place another order, selecting a shipping method appropriate to your requirements, and return the duplicate order for refund when it arrives. We cannot refund postage costs in this instance and we strongly urge customers to choose a suitable shipping method from the outset. Alternatively, ensure you order in plenty of time for delivery to be safely made. Royal Mail will consider an item as lost 15 working days after the day of despatch, we will schedule a claim with Royal Mail after this time has elepsed, you are requested to cooperate with Royal Mail's investigation.
- Special Delivery items are not liable for Royal Mail postage refund unless delivery has not been attempted by 1PM on the day following the expected day of delivery. e.g. a package sent Monday 1st will not be considered as late and postage refunded unless delivery has not been attempted by 1PM on Wednesday the 3rd. Deliveries can be made at any time of day but we suggest contacting us for tracking updates if your delivery is late. We can usually track Special Delivery items reasonably well and will have an idea of when the delivery is likely to be made. Please contact us if your Special Delivery item is late.
- Airmail Standard/Signed/Tracked and Signed Europe. Standard items are not tracked and therefore we will not be able to update you on expected delivery. Signed for and Tracked and Signed for Items have limited tracking, accessible through the link on the despatch email you were sent at the time of despatch. Royal Mail will not consider an item as lost or compensate for loss until a period of 20 working days after despatch has elapsed. However, please contact us if you have still not received your item 12 working days after despatch, we will arrange a replacement and schedule a claim to be submitted to Royal Mail.
- Airmail Standard/Signed/Tracked and Signed Rest Of The World. Standard items are not tracked and therefore we will not be able to update you on expected delivery. Signed for and Tracked and Signed for Items have limited tracking, accessible through the link on the despatch email you were sent at the time of despatch. Royal Mail will not consider an item as lost or compensate for loss until a period of 25 working days after despatch has elapsed. However, please contact us if you have still not received your item 15 working days after despatch, we will arrange a replacement and schedule a claim to be submitted to Royal Mail.